Cruising is one of the greatest vacations around and, like flying, your journey begins and ends at a port. If you’re cruising out of an unattractive port with a not so friendly staff, you may not start your trip off on the right foot. Those traveling across the country may find themselves staying in their cruise port city for a few days and if you’re choosing a port to cruise out of, you want to make sure it’s the best around. For that reason, we’ve compiled 5 cruise ports with the best traveler experience.
5. Port Canaveral lands on our list for being the official cruise port of Disney World due to its nearness to Orlando. This means if you are looking for a Disney cruise chances are you will be heading out of Port Canaveral.
Cruise Lines – NCL, Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Disney, Costa
4. Seattle is the main U.S. port for cruises to Alaska from May to September and its perfect for cruisers wishing to cruise without a passport. The beautiful northwest also has visitors extending their stay in Seattle to see the sites.
Cruise Lines – NCL, Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Celebrity, Princess, Holland America, Disney
3. New York City No other cruise port offers the opportunity to sail next to the Statue of Liberty and for that reason, New York lands itself in the top 5 cruise ports in America.
Cruise Lines – NCL, Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Disney, Cunard, Costa, Crystal, Regent Seven Seas, Silversea
2. Miami When you think of cruising and tropical destination – the first port (and place) that comes to mind for most people is Miami. Miami itself is a fantastic city that offers fantastic cruises and is one of our top choice for Florida.
Cruise Lines – Azamara, NCL, Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Celebrity, Oceania, Costa
1. Los Angeles is our number 1 pick. From Los Angeles you can hop on top cruise lines and travel to world class destinations such as Hawaii or even a round trip cruise to Tahiti.
Cruise Lines – Carnival, Celebrity, Crystal, Cunard, Holland America, NCL, Princess Regent Seven Seas, Royal Caribbean, Seabourn, Silversea.