The Music Midtown festival in Atlanta, Georgia, has been giving attendees something to look forward to at the end of summer by bringing some of the biggest names in music to the city’s beautiful Piedmont Park for the past seven years. Also, it’s not just about the music, either. Between sets, you’ll be able to recharge and refuel with some of Atlanta’s favorite food purveyors. Also, the food selections cater to all kinds of dietary restriction. Check out the interactive sponsorship experiences, and view the whole scene from up high on the Music Midtown Ferris Wheel.
Dates: September 16-17, 2017, rain or shine
Hours: 12:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Tickets: Available in 3 tiers, a dollar from each ticket is donated to Piedmont Park.
- General Admission: $145 + fees
- VIP: $600 + fees (includes perks like preferred viewing areas, complimentary beer, wine, and concessions, and private air-conditioned restrooms)
- Super VIP: $1750 + fees. This includes perks like an air-conditioned luxury lounge with special amenities, a full open bar all weekend, gourmet catered food, and more!)
Know Before You Go:
- No cars will be allowed on the premises of the festival. Therefore, organizers suggest taking public transportation (MARTA), ubers, cabs, or riding your bike to the event. There will even be a free bike valet available for those on two wheels.
- To ensure a safe time for everyone, all bags will be thoroughly checked. Also, it is recommended you add some padding to your arrival time.
- While the event is rain or shine, umbrellas are prohibited. Make sure to invest in a poncho if the weather report looks less than ideal! (And check out the list of all of the allowed and prohibited items on the festival. This can be found on the festival website.
- To cut down on time spent wandering trying to figure out which stage you want to be at, download the festival map to your phone from the website. This way you won’t need to be connected to the internet to view it.
- Download MyFest, an app that lets you create a customized schedule and share it with your friends. In addition, it will alert you to any potential set-time overlaps so that you can plan!
With more than 30 acts taking over the festival’s four stages, Music Midtown has something for everyone. A small sampling of the acts include: pop wonder Bruno Mars, boot-stomping Mumford and Sons, and pop-punk royalty Blink 182–and those are just the headliners! Collective Soul keeps the nineties alive, while Haim channels the eighties, and Big Sean will make you want to throw your hands in the air, in addition to dozens more musicians who are there to help you come to terms with the end of summer.