It’s no secret that Orlando, FL is a mecca for theme parks and thrill rides. It’s why this fun town is on the map! True, there is much more to Orlando than just the theme parks, but one of the main draws that brings visitors to this city from all over the world is the attractions. Most visit Disney’s Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios, or even Sea World when they travel to Orlando. There are several parks located in Disney and Universal, such as Islands of Adventure, Typhoon Lagoon, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Epcot. Each with their mystic.
Epcot is one you don’t want to skip out on, especially this time of year – the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival! As if Epcot isn’t extraordinary enough, being a mecca for all things international, the food and wine festival, which will take place August 13 – November 13, 2017, will bring you the best cuisine, drinks, entertainment and so much more from all over the world.
In addition, during the food and wine festival, each country will set up booths that make available to attendees cultural food and beverages that present the country is the most authentic way possible. As if the theme park wasn’t already culturally diverse enough, now guests have the chance to devour different samples of cuisine from all over the world. Is your mouth watering yet?
Wanna get a glimpse into what a few of the countries have to offer? See below for an appetizer:
- Loaded Greek “Nachos”: Pita Chips, Meatless Sausage Crumbles, and Vegan Tzatziki (vegetarian)
- Taste of Greece: Stuffed Grape Leaves with Lemon Dill Sauce, Grilled Octopus and Feta Cheese Dip with Warm Pita
- Spanakopita (vegetarian)
- Bougatsa: Warm Phyllo Dough Strudel with Sweet Vanilla Custard, Lemon Honey Syrup and Cinnamon (vegetarian)
- Domaine Skouras Moscofilero, Peloponnese
- Domaine Sigalas Assyrtiko, Santorini
- Argyros Atlantis Red Blend, Santorini
Marinated Chicken with Peanut Sauce and Stir-fried Vegetables
Seared Shrimp and Scallop Cake with Cold Noodle Salad
Red Hot Spicy Thai Curry Beef with Steamed Rice
Helfrich Gewürztraminer, Alsace
Rib Eye Taco: Marinated Rib Eye, Roasted Chipotle Sauce, and Grilled Scallions on a Corn Tortilla
Tequila Chipotle Shrimp: Served on a Black Bean Huarache garnished with Red and Green Cabbage, Queso Fresco, and Crema Mexicana
Cajeta Mousse served with Cajeta Sauce and White Chocolate Flakes
Prickly Pear Margarita
Classic Pomegranate Margarita
Pacifico Lager with Floater
- Beijing Roasted Duck Bao Bun with Hoisin Sauce
- Spicy Chicken Bao Bun
- Black Pepper Shrimp with Garlic Noodles
- Chicken Potstickers
- Mango Bubble Tea with Assam Black Tea and Milk (non-alcoholic)
- Ritzy Lychee with Courvoisier Cognac VS and Smirnoff Vodka
- Happy Peach with DeKuyper Peach Liqueur and Myers’s Dark Rum
- Kung Fu Punch with Smirnoff Vodka and Bols Triple Sec
Sound delicious? We think so too, and that’s not even scratching the surface of what else there is! Also, if you’re interested in attending the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, be sure to visit the visitor’s website for information about tickets, park information, and so much more. Have you ever been to the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot? Lastly, we’d love to hear about your experience. Tell us about it in the comments below!