Roadtrips are the stuff of life! What’s better than the open road, some good music, windows down, and cool wind in your hair?
But some of the best road trips are easily dampened if you aren’t prepared. We know you know how to pack an awesome travel bag but it never hurts to double-check a list before you go. Check out ours!
You can’t take a road trip without a properly functioning vehicle, especially if you’re going across the country. Before you leave:
- Check the air and tread in your tires
- Then the oil
- Pack a spare
- Know how to change one
- Put an emergency road kit in the trunk: tools, jumper cables, flares, rope, warning triangles, gloves, an empty gas container, a jug of water, etc.
- Have your license, registration, insurance, and car manual handy.
- Toss in an air-freshener, just in case. Especially for long trips.
Road Trip Essentials
- Clothes (For day trips, you still want to have an extra set of clothes with you)
- First aid kit
- Deodorant, toothbrush, and a towel
- Baby wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper, in case wherever you stop is out of it
- Snacks, like protein bars, beef jerky, dried fruit and trail mix
- Travel pillow
- Travel blanket
- Slip-on shoes, for quick stops
You never know what you will find along the way and where you will stop.
- Tent/ sleeping bag
- Lifeproof/waterproof phone case
- Swiss Army knife
- Cellphone charger
- Portable charger
- Bluetooth headphones
- Hands-free mount
- Every kind of travel app available: gas, maps, hotels, camping, traffic, etc.
- Travel-size games
You never know what kind of weather you will encounter. Be prepared for all of it.
- Sunshades for the car
- Rain poncho
- Warm coat
- Snow scraper
- Trash bags
- Reuseable water bottle
- Reusable Picnic Kit
Crank it up and enjoy the ride!
How’d we do with our list? What else do you usually take with you on a road trip? Let us know in our comments.